With the division of Phulbani district Boudh revenue district came into existence on 1st January, 1994.Boudh District experiences sub tropical hot and dry climate in summer and dry and cold climate in winter. The maximum temperature recorded in the district is 45.5 degree C and the minimum temperature is 6.0 degree C. The average annual rainfall is 1522.95 mm. The district is bounded by river Mahanadi and Angul district to the north, Kandhamal district to the south, Nayagarh district to the east and river and Subarnapur district to the west. It covers a geographical area of 3444.8 sq km, with a total human population of 4.5 lakh. It has 3 blocks and 1182 villages. The city of Boudh is the district headquarters.
Number of ICDS Projects:
Number of BLFs:
Number of SHGs:
About the District
|Name of the ICDS Project||Name of the BLF||Leader||No. of GPLFs||No. of SHGs|
|Boudh||Matrushakti Mahila Mahasangha||Pre – Rita Behera
Sec – Golapi Bhoi
|Harabhanga||Gayatri Mahila Mahasangha||Pre – Sailabala Sarkar
Sec – Gitanjali Dehuri
|Kantamal||Swayamprabha Mahila Mahasangha||Pre – Puspanjali Mishra
Sec – Sitaya Mallik
|Unit||Name||Designation||Official Mail ID||Contact No.|
|District HQ||Lakhyapati Bhoi||DSWOemail@example.com|
|District HQ||Wahida Begum||DMSCfirstname.lastname@example.org||9437822552|
|District HQ||Debadutta Mishra||DPCemail@example.com||7787802060|
|District HQ||Sasmita Behera||DPAcAfirstname.lastname@example.org||9439732173|
|ICDS – Boudh||Minati Deo||CDPOemail@example.com|
|ICDS – Boudh||Suryamani Naik||BMSCfirstname.lastname@example.org||9438503453|
|ICDS – Boudh||Sasmita Badi||BPC||9938323607|
|ICDS – Boudh||Rahul Kanhar||BPAcA||8763116255|
|ICDS – Harabhanga||Haripriya Meher||CDPOemail@example.com|
|ICDS – Harabhanga||Soudamini panda||BMSCfirstname.lastname@example.org||9438030360|
|ICDS – Harabhanga||Pallavi Mangaraj||BPC||9439724692|
|ICDS – Harabhanga||Rashmita Das||BPAcA||8847864227|
|ICDS – Kantamal||Jyostnarani Padhy||CDPOemail@example.com|
|ICDS – Kantamal||Urmila Parida||BMSCfirstname.lastname@example.org||9438155500|
|ICDS – Kantamal||Biswabhusana Kanhar||BPC||8895332429|
|ICDS – Kantamal||Sumanta Pradhan||BPAcA||9938060594|
- A good number of WSHG members are involved in weaving Traditional Sambalpuri Handloom Sarees marketed by local merchants. Because of excellent quality, the Handloom sarees of Boudh has got recognition in other states.
- The partially roasted Dal of Boudh is famous for its taste and appreciated across the sate. Many WSHGs in Boudh are engaged in preparation of Dal, Badi, Papad and Spices, which they sell in local market as well as State & National level Pallishree Melas across the state.
- Six WSHGs are engagged in preparation of Take Home Ration (Chhatua) which is distributed to around 24000 beneficiaries of the district through its 717 Anganwadi centres.
- A good number of WSHGs are involved in vegetable cultivation and fish farming. Necessary training and financial assistance in terms of subsidy have been provided by the Directorate of Horticulture and Directorate of Fisheries. Some WSHGs are also engagged in meter reading, Mid day meal management and toilet construction in convergence with Govt departments.
- Some WSHGs in Boudh prepare beautiful Terracota figurine, which they sell in local Melas.
- Six WSHGs were selected and engagged in supply of Khusi Sanitary napkins to all schools of Boudh district in convergence with National Health Mission, in 2019-20.
District Photo Gallery